Aller au contenu

sujet 13 ou 14 mai : The man who hated Pooh

tiGwen

Messages recommandés

Merci tiGwen !

Je tente ça demain !

Yep, moi aussi ! Je suis nul en anglais mais c'est l'occasion de la travailler :lol:

Merci tiGwen !

Je tente ça demain !

Yep, moi aussi ! Je suis nul en anglais mais c'est l'occasion de la travailler :lol:

Exactement !! Surtout qu'à plusieurs, on peut se conseiller, se corriger !

Je trouve votre initiative géniale. Mon anglais n'est pas très bon et je ne suis pas très au clair avec cette épreuve. Je vous laisse le soin de critiquer mon résumé.

This text is an article taken from BBC news dated from Monday, 6 march 2006 and written by Tim Benson. First, the title involves us on the identity of the man who hated Whinny the Pooh. It is EH Shepard. This article explains why this man has had a negative felt with meeting with the Pooh. In fact, his biggest regret was agreeing to illustrate Winnie the Pooh for AA Milne because this has been an effect about his whole of its work. Even if we remember now Shepard as the man who drew Pooh, his work is not to this. From 1921 until 1953, he was working as one of Punch magazine’s leading political cartoonists. It’s his colleague EV Lucas who recommended Shepard to illustrate some children’s verse. Hesitant in the first way, AA Milne was persuaded by the talent of Shepard and later Milne insisted that Shepard illustrate the Pooh but the two men were never close even if they worked together. Shepard was inspired by Growler, the much-loved bear belonging to his awn son and not by Christopher Robin’s bear, the bear of AA Milne’s son. Now Shepard is dead and his pencil and pen and ink drawings are highly regarded. His drawings, especially those of Winnie the Pooh have realised record prices.

Je me lance aussi, je m'excuse d'avance pour les fautes mais normalement à l'oral, elles ne devraient pas trop se voir !

The text I’ve just read is an article from BBC news on Monday, 6 March 2006. The autor is Tirm Benson. His title is “The man whoo hated Pooh” and we could understand that it’s a criminal article. In fact, it’s the story of EH Shepard, that was the illustrator of Winnie the Pooh.

I will resume the text and after I will explain my point of view.

Instead Shepard illustred winnie the Pooh,he was also one of punch magazine’s leading political cartoonists.

Once day, Milne asked one of his friend who he would recommanded to illustred some verse and this friend aswerd : Shepard !

Milne wasn’t very happy but try to work with him and it happered that it was a very good idea ! So when he looked after someone to draw winnie the pooh, he asked Shepared.

He was always pleased with his works

But Shepared was very sad to see that is name was know only because he drawed winnie the pooh and think that he had better not to do it.

He died at 96 years old and we can always see his illustration.

When I was youg, I always asked my mother to read some story of winnie the pooh. I have now some young daughter that allways want to hear some story of this bear. I thing he’s wright when Shepared thought he was only know for this illustrations but the reality is that if he doesn’t draw them, we will never see his name !

Winnie the pooh is probably the must famous bear in the world ! It’s really interessting to have some references like that to create a universal culture. So when the students went in some other countries , they can recognized one part of theire hown countrie !

dolheguy, ton résumé et bien mieux que le mien mais bon....

Par contre j'avais cru comprendre qu'il fallait ouvrir le sujet sur l'école au moins en conclusion : quelqu'un peut confirmer ?

- This text is an article extracted from the website BBC News.

- It is intitled "the man who hated Pooh",

- it deals with famous tededy bear : Winnie the Pooh.

- This article was written by Tin Benson and it appeared in 2006, perhaps because of the 30th death anniversary of Shepard, Pooh artist(= dessinateur et non "drawer" qui signifie "tiroir" :lol: ).

- Indeed, thanks the text, we have known that Shepard died in 1976.

-To bigin, , we go to come back on Pooh story, how Pooh was given birth ? (pas sûre de ma structure grammaticale),

- then, we will point out why Shepard hated Pooh,

- and finally, we can qualify (pour nuancer) this point of view and underline the link with school activities.

Who does'nt know Winnie the Pooh ? or who has nerver heard speaking about Pooh? (pas du tout sûre de ma structure là non plus)

- Firstly, Milne was an author but was not an artist. He has written for children. So, he needed a draughtsman.

- Lucas recommended him Shepard. Lucas and Shepard were both members of the Punch table (a magazine).

- After hesitation, Milne wanted Shepard as artist. So, Milne use him to illustrate his poems "When we were very young" (1924)

- Later, Milne decided writting for his son : Chritopher Robin. He imagined stories regarded a bear and Shepard was given the job.

- In order to draw Pooh, Shepard did'nt take Chritopher Robin's bear as exemple but his own son's bear.

The problem is the negative opinion about this bear.

Indeed, in people mind, Winnie is often the "silly old bear" that distressed his artist.

It's because he hated Pooh.

However, nowadays, Winnie is as celebrity, a children's star.

When we enter a "toy shop", we can note : cuddly toys, cartoons, posters... a real industry around Winnie. that's why I agree with the journalist writing, I cite "drawings Shepard are now highly regarded and sought after". So Winnie is maybe a few silly but it is a always reference.

In fact, children are pleased with Pooh because it is nice, generous. Furthermore, there are values that we try to teach at school : to share, to be polite...

There values are evoked in litterature.

dur dur.. je ne vois pas quoi dire d'autre...

à vous!

Je trouve votre initiative géniale. Mon anglais n'est pas très bon et je ne suis pas très au clair avec cette épreuve. Je vous laisse le soin de critiquer mon résumé.

This text is an article taken from BBC news // It dated from Monday, 6 march 2006 (and)// it is/was written by Tim Benson. First, the title involves us on the identity of the man who hated Whinny the Pooh. It is EH Shepard. This article explains why this man has had a negative felt with meeting with the Pooh. In fact, his biggest regret was agreeing to illustrate Winnie the Pooh for AA Milne because this has been an effect about his whole of its work. Even if we remember now Shepard as the man who drew Pooh, his work is not to this (bigger?). From 1921 until 1953, he was working as one of Punch magazine’s leading political cartoonists. It’s his colleague EV Lucas who recommended Shepard to illustrate some children’s verse. Hesitant in the first way, AA Milne was persuaded by the talent of Shepard and later Milne insisted that Shepard illustrate the Pooh but the two men were never close even if they worked together. Shepard was inspired by Growler, the much-loved bear belonging to his awn (own) son and not by Christopher Robin’s bear, the bear of AA Milne’s son. Now Shepard is dead and his pencil and pen and ink drawings are highly regarded. His drawings, especially those of Winnie the Pooh have realised record prices.

extracted/published/appeared à la place de taken

fais des phrases plus légères, c'est plus apprécié des jury apparamment

c'est pas mal mais tu reprends bcp les phrases texto

essaie de fair eune ouverture sur l'école

Je me lance aussi, je m'excuse d'avance pour les fautes mais normalement à l'oral, elles ne devraient pas trop se voir !

The text I’ve just read is an article from BBC news on Monday, 6 March 2006. The autor is Tirm Benson. His title is “The man whoo hated Pooh” and we could understand that it’s a criminal article. In fact, it’s the story of EH Shepard, that was the illustrator of Winnie the Pooh.

I will resume the text and after I will explain my point of view. sum up

Instead Shepard illustred winnie the Pooh,he was also one of punch magazine’s leading political cartoonists.

Once (one (not once = une fois)) day, Milne asked one of his friend who he would recommanded to illustred illustrate some verse and this friend aswred : Shepard !

Milne wasn’t very happy but try to work with him and it happered ? that it was a very good idea ! So when he looked after someone to draw winnie the pooh, he asked Shepared.

He was always pleased with his work(s)

But Shepared was very sad to see that is name was know only because he drawed winnie the pooh and think that he had better not to do it.

When I was young, I always asked my mother to read some story of winnie the pooh. I have now some young daughter that allways want to hear some story of this bear. I thinK he’s wright ??right? when Shepared thought he was only know for this illustrations but the reality is that if he doesn’t draw them, we will never see his name !

Winnie the pooh is probably the must famous bear in the world ! It’s really interessting to have some references like that to create a universal culture. So when the students went in some other countries , they can recognized one part of their own country ! => YES (bonne ouverture)

The text I’ve just read is an article from BBC news (il manque un verbe, un adjectif)on Monday, 6 March 2006. The autor author) is Tirm Benson. His Its car his est employé pour les peronnes) title is “The man whoo hated Pooh” and we could understand that it’s a criminal article. In fact, it’s the story of EH Shepard, that was the illustrator of Winnie the Pooh.

I will resume the text and after I will explain my point of view. sum up

Once (one (not once = une fois)) day, Milne asked one of his friend who he would recommanded to illustred illustrate some verse and this friend aswred : Shepard !

Milne wasn’t very happy but try to work with him and it happered ? that it was a very good idea ! So when he looked after someone to draw winnie the pooh, he asked Shepared.

He was always pleased with his work(s)

But Shepared was very sad to see that is name was know known only because he drawed winnie the pooh and think that he had better not to do it.

When I was young, I always asked my mother to read some story of winnie the pooh. I have now some young daughter that allways want to hear some story of this bear. I thinK he’s wright ??right? when Shepared thought he was only know for this illustrations but the reality is that if he doesn’t draw them, we will never see his name !

Winnie the pooh is probably the must famous bear in the world ! It’s really interessting to have some references like that to create a universal culture. So when the students went in some other countries , they can recognized one part of their own country ! => YES (bonne ouverture)

Voici ma proposition:

The document is an article untitled The man who hated Pooh and was written by Tim Benson. It was published on BBC News website on March, 6th 2006. With an ironic tone, the journalist, Tim Benson, reveals how the success story of Winnie The Pooh tended to spoil EH Shepard’s life.

EH Shepard is famous for the great job he accomplished for AA Milne’s worldwide known story. For those who are interesting to know Shepard’ source of inspiration, the journalist explains the artist was prompted by his son’s bear.

However the journalist draws our attention to a pernicious effect of this success. He explains the main reason why EH Shepard’s career was poisoned by the success of Winnie the Pooh. Indeed, for 30 years, he had difficulties to get rid off this image of an illustrator for child story. EH Shepard’s main job was to draw political cartoons for Punch Magazine. He really wished he had never accepted AA Milne’s offer for the reste of his work had been completely overshadowed.

finally, the journalist concludes ironically his article when explaining that EH Shepard's drawings had gotten up in value whereas the artist was filled with resentment towards "this bear with little brain".

En fait, ce texte est peut être plus fourni mais il n'est pas propice à une grande réflexion... qu'en pensez-vous? Comment ouvrez-vous le dialogue avec le jury avec ce texte? Pour ou contre? ça a ni queue ni tête. Qu'est ce que vous me conseillez?

Côté pratique, vous savez si je peux recevoir dans ma boîte mail vos réponses à ce post? Cela m'éviterait d'aller les chercher. Aussi quand on veut voir apparaître dans son message à qui on répond, comment fait-on? C'est avec "Citer"? et après?