Aller au contenu

discussion en anglais...

floforprof

Messages recommandés

hello !!

I will also have my english exam next week and I think it's quite a good idea to speak and try to progress together....

I have some questions about education in England,if you can answer please...

Do you know what are the differences between grammar schools,comprehensive schools....?

what are the different subjects that children learn in England?

At what time do they finish school?

how do they eat?....

thanks a lot and good luck

• Réponses 202
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Membres les plus actifs

• blabliblo

• sarah leroux

• Leau

• pteninie

Hello Blabliblo,

Great? Are you sure? In fact, these ways of speaking are so old memories that i wasn't sure at all...As for my free time, I just can't gardening, because even if i like flowers and vegetables, it seems that they don't like me!! Nothing can resist when I try to do something right...impossible to have a flower, to keep a vegetable! :)

Can we say in english that i don't have the "green hand"??

Nowever, I have facilities to write, to tell stories, I knew libraries as my own home! I also pratcise vonluntary actions with the Croix rouge, in oreder to help people, by secourism and material assistance.

I don't play music, even if when I was youg, I have played guitar during 7 years.

I'm doing (or trying to finish, it's more realistic) my Phd in History.

When I'll finish this CRPE, I want to read "The world of Narnia", big book of 850 pages, and I think about it with pleasure!!

Hello everybody!

I think it's a good idea to speak and improve our English here... but anyone correct the others?

I saw someone who has written: I am been in England... Of course, it's I have been in ... Ok?

I learnt a new word:a seed. If I understood correctly, it's the little think you can find in a fruit, and with which one you can have a plantation, that's right?

Hello everybody !

I totally agree with you, Blabliblo ! Gardening is so great ! I don't have my own garden this year, but it's the last year I live without... it's so a vital thing !

If I pass this competitive examination (and so have a regular salary), the first thing I'll do will be searching for a house with a big and beautiful garden !

And gardening with children may be so constructive (?) ! Back to roots ! :D

To answer to Verooo,

comprehensive schools welcome all children, whereas grammar schools impose an entrance exam, they are selective schools (I don't think they're fee paying schools but I'm not sure...)

In England, children learn all the same things as in France, if I well understood... for exemple, at the GCSE (exam after secondary school), they are tested on mathematics, English literature, English composition, chemistry, biology, physics, history or the Classics, one modern language, and one other subject, such as art or computer studies.

They leave school at 15:15 (that's the only information I found, I don't know if it's the same everywhere)

How do they eat ? euhm... I don't really understand your question... do you mean: do they eat at school for lunch ? In fact, I don't know...

I have a question which doesn't have any link with that... my forum pages are now in english, is it normal ??? And you ??? :huh:

I think it's a good idea to speak and improve our English here... but anyone correct the others?

As you certainly saw, I try to correct some mistakes, but I could have forgotten some...

And I'm not bilingual so I also make mistakes ... ;)

In my spare time, I do some gardening too. Actually, there are some seedlings of tomatoes and potatoes in my garden, a few salads, and I hope seedlings of courgette and melon will grow in spite of the last attack of slugs <_< :( It's my first year !!

I also do a lot of creative hobbies, in particular those which use needles, and ... I don't know how to say in English !! hobbies in which you use cardboards or paper serviettes and glue them. But these last weeks, I didn't do nothing but work for the exam :cry:

:cry: Well...I'm working my english for monday, and can't find some words (my dictionary is older than Bible!)...Can you help me? I give you the mords in french, and if you can, give me the translation in english???

biodégradable

sacs en plastique

emballages

recyclable

gaz d'échappement

Thanks a lot... :blush:

When I'll finish this CRPE, I want to read "The world of Narnia", big book of 850 pages, and I think about it with pleasure!!

I have read it for several months. The problem : it is more difficult to read than Harry Potter (in English of course) and it is very 'fat'. So I decided to finish its readind after the crpe, like you.

I learnt a new word:a seed. If I understood correctly, it's the little think you can find in a fruit, and with which one you can have a plantation, that's right?

Bingo ! this is a good meaning of this word.

I cant' correct the texts because I am not a good English writer. So Is someone able to correct our messages ?

:cry: Well...I'm working my english for monday, and can't find some words (my dictionary is older than Bible!)...Can you help me? I give you the mords in french, and if you can, give me the translation in english???

biodégradable -> biodegradable

sacs en plastique -> plastic bag

emballages-> packages, packaging

recyclable->recyclable

gaz d'échappement -> exhaust gas

Thanks a lot... :blush:

Nothing too difficult in fact :P (complicated words are often quite the same, or we can try it !)

(source : dictionnaire Robert & Collins 1987 !!)

comprehensive schools welcome all children, whereas grammar schools impose an entrance exam, they are selective schools (I don't think they're fee paying schools but I'm not sure...)

I am not sure, but it seems that comprehensive and grammar schools don't exist since the National Curriculum. Now, we must say : public and state schools. Can someone confirm it ?

They leave school at 15:15 (that's the only information I found, I don't know if it's the same everywhere)

In general, it is this hour. And after school children can go in clubs into school.

How do they eat ? euhm... I don't really understand your question... do you mean: do they eat at school for lunch ? In fact, I don't know...

Lots of children eat at school either in canteen either they bring their lunch in a packlunch (generally a sandwich, a bar cereal and a fruit)

I have a question which doesn't have any link with that... my forum pages are now in english, is it normal ??? And you ??? :huh:

I don't know why your page is in english. But it is not a problem... for the moment because you must read and speak english for your exam... so it is ok ! :thumbsup:

Bingo ! this is a good meaning of this word.

I cant' correct the texts because I am not a good English writer. So Is someone able to correct our messages ?

I learnt a new word:a seed. If I understood correctly, it's the little thing you can find in a fruit, and with which one you can have a plantationseedling/plant, is that right?

Bingo ! this is the good meaning of this word.

I 'm not able to correct the texts because I am not a good English writer.

:cry: Well...I'm working my english for monday, and can't find some words (my dictionary is older than Bible!) really ?...Can you help me? I give you the mords in french, and if you can, give me the translation in english???

biodégradable biodegradable

sacs en plastique plastic bag ?

emballages packing paper, wrapping paper, package (boîte, carton)

recyclable recyclable

gaz d'échappement exhaust gas

Lots tecknical words seem like french words ...