Aller au contenu

discussion en anglais...

floforprof

Messages recommandés

When you say that primary classes works as a nursery class for (...) number of adults,

does it mean that ther are several teachers in the same classroom? Even in 10 of years children classes? And if yes, how many are there? (pupils + teachers) :huh:

Does it also mean that pupils make different tasks?

• Réponses 202
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Membres les plus actifs

• blabliblo

• sarah leroux

• Leau

• pteninie

I really enjoy the idea of "class life counsils" issued (?) from Freinet's pedagogy: talk with pupils about what is acceptable and what is not, about rules that seem important to them to put in place, about what reactions we can foresee if problems occure... But I think it's important to organise those councils before problems happen instead of after, in order to each one be conscious of the context in which we are living together, and to avoid that councils became "courts"!

Why not using the weekly discussion of half an hour to talk about this sort of subject (violence, rules, laws, respect) ? A good way to use this time, isn't it ?

When you say that primary classes works as a nursery class for (...) number of adults,

does it mean that ther are several teachers in the same classroom? Even in 10 of years children classes? And if yes, how many are there? (pupils + teachers) :huh:

Does it also mean that pupils make different tasks?

Generally, there are 2 adults by class, same in the primary school : the teacher and a person who works like our ATSEM. This person can prepare material, works with a children group (teacher tells him or her what he want children do), helps for manipulations or experimentations, ... This person helps teacher, observes children, speaks with them,etc. But it is the teacher who puts the program, teaches and evaluates, who is the responsibility of the class.

Do you know what is the assembly ?

I really enjoy the idea of "class life counsils" issued (?) from Freinet's pedagogy: talk with pupils about what is acceptable and what is not, about rules that seem important to them to put in place, about what reactions we can foresee if problems occure... But I think it's important to organise those councils before problems happen instead of after, in order to each one be conscious of the context in which we are living together, and to avoid that councils became "courts"!

Why not using the weekly discussion of half an hour to talk about this sort of subject (violence, rules, laws, respect) ? A good way to use this time, isn't it ?

In Cycle 2, we have 30 min a week to speak about verbs like : love, hate, help ... why not : to fight, to be naughty or kind, to insult, to respect .... I think it is possible particularly if two children are fighting themselves.

In C3, we have the "débat réglé" and the "débat philosophique". We can aboard, I suppose :

'to fight like dog and cat'

'the violence' (with current affairs)

" the war and the peace"

"the respect, my rights, my duties"

In my opinion, this debate moment is an occasion to "open" the discussion to things that occure in the world, I mean out of the class... for example, to talk about what happened recently in link with TV news, or about an event that a pupil would like to spare with others, or an event that occured in the school, in the break... or again to talk about what are their conception of happiness...

Whereas this council I'm speaking of is more organised for rules in our classroom, for how we consider this year we're going to live together, for explainations on such-and-such behavior that happened this day...

I don't know if I'm clear, but I really see a difference between these 2 moments of grooping (?).

I see more the "debate" as a "quoi de neuf", and the coucil as an exchange more personnal (unless it is collective! :P )

Do you see?

Me and my boyfriend have had our house since 2004 and we put two tanks of water under the roof for the garden, and plastic basins in le lavabos and sinks to collect water and use it in the garden for vegetable. Moreover, I put bottles at the feet of my vegetable (tomatoes, melons,aubergines,etc) and I put straw around salads, strawberries, leeks, etc to avoid wasting water.

I did the same in my garden. For the tanks, our neighbours have one but not us, as we are only tenants... and ours drainpipes finish under the ground :( (as tenants we can't modify)

For us, it is very important to avoid wasting water because we want our children have good natural water to drink and we hate people who wash their car or terrace in the middle of the summer whereas there isn't water in the natural reserves....

I agree with you, but when you work all the summer with a lot of car travels, it's hard not to wash your car a little.

However, it's not necessary to dot it each week, nor to use a huge amount of water. A little basin of soap and water, and max 2 minutes of water with nozzle to rinse is enough, but people seems not to understand this !!

Generally, there are 2 adults by class, same in the primary school : the teacher and a person who works like our ATSEM. This person can prepare material, works with a children group (teacher tells him or her what he want children do), helps for manipulations or experimentations, ... This person helps teacher, observes children, speaks with them,etc. But it is the teacher who puts the program, teaches and evaluates, who is the responsibility of the class.

Do you know what is the assembly ?

Thank you blabliblo for this details...

Euh, no, I don't know what is the assembly. Does it have a more "political" sense? I'm thinking of the "children parliament" that was organised in some schools...?

In my opinion, this debate moment is an occasion to "open" the discussion to things that occure in the world, I mean out of the class... for example, to talk about what happened recently in link with TV news, or about an event that a pupil would like to spare with others, or an event that occured in the school, in the break... or again to talk about what are their conception of happiness...

Whereas this council I'm speaking of is more organised for rules in our classroom, for how we consider this year we're going to live together, for explainations on such-and-such behavior that happened this day...

I don't know if I'm clear, but I really see a difference between these 2 moments of grooping (?).

I see more the "debate" as a "quoi de neuf", and the coucil as an exchange more personnal (unless it is collective! :P )

Do you see?

Yes, it's Ok, but I just wanted to say that we can use it also for this if necessary, or we can take advantage of a discussion on violence which had been watched at the TV to establish links (if it's possible) with what could happen in class or in school

Euh groopins :P it doesn't exist !! I would say reunion or meeting (like for the adults)

There is a 'grouping-> groupement', but I don't know if it's the good meaning...

By the way, what academy do you come from? (I'm not sure it's the good saying...)

And how worked your other exams? (Is there a -s- at "other"? I mean, is it invariable?)

Is the english your last?

Do you see?

grooping => grouping is best

Is it interesting to begin a debate or discussion with a book ? (an album, a novel or a cartoon ...) a film ? an ad ?

However, it's not necessary to dot it each week, nor to use a huge amount of water. A little basin of soap and water, and max 2 minutes of water with nozzle to rinse is enough, but people seems not to understand this !!

Particularly our neighbourings... :idontno:

Yes, it's Ok, but I just wanted to say that we can use it also for this if necessary, or we can take advantage of a discussion on violence which had been watched at the TV to establish links (if it's possible) with what could happen in class or in school

Ah, ok :blush:

Euh groopins it doesn't exist !! I would say reunion or meeting (like for the adults)

Thank you for the correction!

I feel I've finally succeeded in doing citations! :D (after 5 months!)