Aller au contenu

discussion en anglais...

floforprof

Messages recommandés

I have a question:

What's the difference between "teacher" and "headteacher" ??

I don't find "headteacher" in any dictionnary, but the word is used in several "breaking news"... so ?

• Réponses 202
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Membres les plus actifs

• blabliblo

• sarah leroux

• Leau

• pteninie

I have a question:

What's the difference between "teacher" and "headteacher" ??

I don't find "headteacher" in any dictionnary, but the word is used in several "breaking news"... so ?

I think you did not find it as it's in two words : head teacher.

What I found in my dictionnary :

head teacher = headmaster or headmistress -> directeur/directrice for school, principal(e) for college, or directeur/directrice d'école privée in US Schools.

So it does not mean, as some have said on other topics : professeur principal !

Professeur principal -> class teacher or form tutor in Great Britain, homeroom teacher in USA.

Well I wrote a long text and it was a bug and it didn't work. I was saying, that this post is really interresting and it's a shame, I didn't see it before. I'm bilingual french/german because I've been leaving for 18 years in Germany as balletdancer in many theaters. My husband is German and my daughters, who were born there are also bilingual. So you'll understand, why I took German and only English as option. I'm 40 years old and with 37 years old, I decided stoping dancing. I started to study with correspondance course german in the Strasbourg's university. In between, we moved to south of France (Provence) and I passed my german licence in Aix.

I'm also gardening but the last weeks, I had'nt really the opportunity to work in the garden, so that now all the sherrys are stewed all over the floor and my plants. It's discasting to walk over the old-squashed sherrys.

About shortage of water, I can say, in our region water is really important and missing a lot. Especially in summer the nature is completely yellow and dry and with the Mistral is really dangerous. Fire can burn thousands of hectares in few hours. My parents had to leave her house last year middle of the night because the fire was so nearly. It's horrible.

Thank you for your responses...

Does anyone have another idea to discuss?

When do you take your english test? Mine is tomorrow morning... so I'd like to speak the more possible before...

I saw that some people had the violence as subject, do you want to talk about it?

Thank you for your responses...

Does anyone have another idea to discuss?

When do you take your english test? Mine is tomorrow morning... so I'd like to speak the more possible before...

I saw that some people had the violence as subject, do you want to talk about it?

So am I: my examination is tomorrow afternoon. Well it's all right, we can speek about violence. In France we had in november last year a lot of city violences. I'm for education to reduce violence in these "ghettos" (I think "ghetto" is the word!) and against proposals to remedy with slogans like "security" and "police in the school". If I'll manage to be teacher (what I really hope!!!), I would like to build the rules into my class and to let participate my pupils: discussions about rules and also about disciplinary measures to take in case of rules breaking. Sports are also, according to me, a good way to learn rules, to respect the others and to be social.

What do you think about?

I agree with you: sport is a good way to learn to respect rules... but I also think that we have to extend it to other situations in order to make children aware of the fact that rules exist everywhere.

I really enjoy the idea of "class life counsils" issued (?) from Freinet's pedagogy: talk with pupils about what is acceptable and what is not, about rules that seem important to them to put in place, about what reactions we can foresee if problems occure... But I think it's important to organise those councils before problems happen instead of after, in order to each one be conscious of the context in which we are living together, and to avoid that councils became "courts"!

In the same way, we must have an "intransigent" attitude in the beginnings : not to let pass anything... and certainly, we'll can later be more "cool"!

In fine, it seems to me that those children who have an aggressive attitude are more "lost" that violent, so it's important to create a "good climate" in the classroom, to try that everyone be at ease: why not organise and decorate the room with them at the start of the new school year...

Are you aware of the situation in England? Do children are more or less "violent"? Does the teacher job (?) is considered more or less hard? Are there special measures different of France's?

The shortage of water...

What a shit ! oh sorry... :P

No, seriously, I'm afraid of seeing some people who waste water as if it was inexhaustible... For example, those who wash their car with hundreds of litres, just for it be cover of bird droppings a few hours later! Or those who spray their garden with automatical spraying at 2 o'clock PM!!!! And there are others...

I really think that we have to be very careful with that : cut the water when we schampoo (??), when we brush our teeth, when we wash up, etc.

Or, put a cover on the saucepan when we boil water...

And in my opinion, we really have an important part to play with children as teachers (oh yes we'll be!! ;) )

I think so.

Me and my boyfriend have had our house since 2004 and we put two tanks of water under the roof for the garden, and plastic basins in le lavabos and sinks to collect water and use it in the garden for vegetable. For two months about, we have use dry toilet and no water for that. Moreover, I put bottles at the feet of my vegetable (tomatoes, melons,aubergines,etc) and I put straw around salads, strawberries, leeks, etc to avoid wasting water.

For us, it is very important to avoid wasting water because we want our children have good natural water to drink and we hate people who wash their car or terrace in the middle of the summer whereas there isn't water in the natural reserves.... So I think it is possible to teach children about this problem. Perhaps, we can put a water tank at school to collect water to water the school garden. In this garden they can have salad and carrots to feed their rabbit, some fruits to eat .... Children will be able to understand that water is precious for everybody, vegetation and animals... It is the environmental education.

Well I wrote a long text and it was a bug and it didn't work. I was saying, that this post is really interresting and it's a shame, I didn't see it before. I'm bilingual french/german because I've been leaving for 18 years in Germany as balletdancer in many theaters. My husband is German and my daughters, who were born there are also bilingual. So you'll understand, why I took German and only English as option. I'm 40 years old and with 37 years old, I decided stoping dancing. I started to study with correspondance course german in the Strasbourg's university. In between, we moved to south of France (Provence) and I passed my german licence in Aix.

I'm also gardening but the last weeks, I had'nt really the opportunity to work in the garden, so that now all the sherrys are stewed all over the floor and my plants. It's discasting to walk over the old-squashed sherrys.

About shortage of water, I can say, in our region water is really important and missing a lot. Especially in summer the nature is completely yellow and dry and with the Mistral is really dangerous. Fire can burn thousands of hectares in few hours. My parents had to leave her house last year middle of the night because the fire was so nearly. It's horrible.

Hello Anja,

What is the difference between the french education and the german eductaion ?

I agree with you for violence.

I add that it is important when violence arrive in school (a quarrel, insult for exemple) to speak with children (the quarrelsome(s) and the victim(s)) to understand the problem and that children know they can speak and we can listen to them...

Hello Anja,

What is the difference between the french education and the german eductaion ?

Yes, good question... and what about english education? I read somewhere that it's more individual... But, really, how does it work?

An idea?

Some points about english education :

a national curriculum : this curriculum is the same for all schools in UK. Yet, school have a percentage of school free program (they can make their program).

A primary class works like a nursery class for their material organization and functioning and number of adults.

There are lots of interactions between teacher and children and between children.

After school, children can go to clubs into school building. Volontary teacher manage these clubs.

Generally a day school starts at 8.55 and finish around 15.15. There is a lunch time between 12.00 and 13.00. There is a break on the morning but not on the afternoon (because school finishes early) except for four year old children.

what's more ?