Aller au contenu

Des gens pour bosser des sujets d'anglais ensemble???

nenette85

Messages recommandés

So is it fourteen ou forty minutes to lunch ? I guess fourty, in my highschool memories ;-)

Fourty (40) , I made a mistake :cry:

:blush: So it's enough to eat ! Ok, I only read you're summaries, but in my point of vue, the problem is larger than a debates on school lunch or parents advices, or board of education enforcements. It's the teens eating habits that are in cause. More over, its the society that is in cause... and overseas too... our own children tends to adopt the same eating habits and have the same eating disorders... The organic food is one of them, or how to intensify a topic, instead of solving it by learning to eat a balanced and natural meel.

Dites, la phrase là

Peter [...] said a new cafeteria would not change certain apsect of student life, even here. "No one can appreciate cuisine when you have 40 minutes to eat" he said

Ca ne veut pas dire qu'il trouve qu'il n'y a pas assez de temps pour déjeuner, et que dans ces conditions, n'importe quelle cuisine revient au même, vu qu'on ne peut pas l'apprécier ?

• Réponses 225
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Membres les plus actifs

• nenette85

• Sandy27

• BLA

• orion144

Membres les plus actifs

So is it fourteen ou forty minutes to lunch ? I guess fourty, in my highschool memories ;-)

Fourty (40) , I made a mistake :cry:

:blush: So it's enough to eat ! Ok, I only read you're summaries, but in my point of vue, the problem is larger than a debates on school lunch or parents advices, or board of education enforcements. It's the teens eating habits that are in cause. More over, its the society that is in cause... and overseas too... our own children tends to adopt the same eating habits and have the same eating disorders... The organic food is one of them, or how to intensify a topic, instead of solving it by learning to eat a balanced and natural meel.

Dites, la phrase là

Peter [...] said a new cafeteria would not change certain apsect of student life, even here. "No one can appreciate cuisine when you have 40 minutes to eat" he said

Ca ne veut pas dire qu'il trouve qu'il n'y a pas assez de temps pour déjeuner, et que dans ces conditions, n'importe quelle cuisine revient au même, vu qu'on ne peut pas l'apprécier ?

C'est ça, en 40 minutes il pense ne pas avoir le temps d'apprécier la cuisnie quelle qu'elle soit . hummm c'est court mais suffisant pour manger ;-)

Here's my resume :blush:

This article extract of the newspaper The New York Times and entitled school lunch order : hold the organic tofu is about the nutrition at the school.

In this text, some parents and Board of Education members propose a food healthier and more balanced for the students. If tennagers think that it’s a very good idea, little of them eats this food. They prefer to eat hot dogs, sausages and burgers. This experience realized to the Berkeley high school isn’t a total success. Actually, of the two hundred to three hundred people who eat organic food, fifty or more are staff people. And a young man Peter True, concludes saying that it’s impossible to appreciate cuisine because students don’t have enough time for eating.

This article raises the question of the alimentation for young people. This question affects also children and underlines the necessity to educate children and teenagers to get into good food habits.

Very very difficult :cry:

Hello !

Here is my production for ths second text :

The document is an article published in the newspaper « the independent » in 2005 in december. The texte is untitled « The comprehensive where attendance has improved and exculisons have decreased ». Its author is Richard Garner.

The text deals with the timetable in eltham Green, a 1000 pupil comprehensive school.

In this school, a special program has been created for 11 and 12 year olds, in place of traditionnals history, geography and technology. For example, history is replaced by « Roman around » which consists in visiting local historic sites.

Furthermore, the program concerns other subjects as music lessons : pupils have to make a band. The sport takes an important place too.

This program has been created specialy for secondary school first year pupils, to help them finding their place in secondary school. The transition is often difficult for them : the author says that 30% of them slide back in their first year.

This program seems to be a success : ther is less exclusions, pupils improve their reading standards...

In my point of view, it's a good idea to give a special timetable for 11 and 12 year olds. Actually going in secondary school may be difficult for them, they may have problems to find their place : everything is bigger, there are more pupils, more teachers... But I also think that it's important keeping a part of the timetable just like what they're going to have the following year. In the text it seems to concern only a few subjects and I agree with that. But maybe other arragements are possible like diong it just for one or two terms, as an adaptation time...

In France, some colleges welcome new pupils before their first year, for a day, in april, may or june. So they can visit the college, participating to a class life for all day long, having same lessons as the 11 and 12 year old pupils. That's a sort of initiation which shows to young pupils how it will be so they won't be afraid in September.

To conclude, I'll say that I agree with the « opening mind » program, because in such a big school, with 1000 pupils, it may be really difficult for pupils.

And this is mine

summary :

This article is extracted from the Independant of july 2005. It deals with a teaching method used at Etham Green School.

The author explains that the traditionnal lessons have been replaced by projects. For example, instead of having a history lesson about Romans, pupils visit local historic places to learn about roman times in the neighbourhood. This new method induce an improve of the attendance and a decrease of exclusions. Others consequences are an improve of some standard skills and a greater interest from the children.

This method was tackled in order to make esasier the transition from primary to secondary school.

opinion :

This text point out the difficulties to provide the best teaching for pupils. The school mentioned in the text chose to use daily-life projects. We can note that this method gives some good results but I wonder if it is possible to find projects for every skills that children have to know. For example how do they do in mathematics ? It is difficult enough to find real projects for this lesson.

Nevertheless we can notice some similitudes with the french method. For example in science, the pupils have a experiment book on which they write their observations about several phenomenoms.

Here's my resume :blush:

This article extract of the newspaper The New York Times and entitled school lunch order : hold the organic tofu is about the nutrition at the school.

In this text, some parents and Board of Education members propose a food healthier and more balanced for the students. If tennagers think that it’s a very good idea, little of them eats this food. They prefer to eat hot dogs, sausages and burgers. This experience realized to the Berkeley high school isn’t a total success. Actually, of the two hundred to three hundred people who eat organic food, fifty or more are staff people. And a young man Peter True, concludes saying that it’s impossible to appreciate cuisine because students don’t have enough time for eating.

This article raises the question of the alimentation for young people. This question affects also children and underlines the necessity to educate children and teenagers to get into good food habits.

Very very difficult :cry:

It's a great summary, your idea are very consie and clear !! Well done !

And thid is mine

summary :

This article is extracted (out sourced) from the Independant of july 2005. It deals with a teaching method used at Etham Green School.

The author explains that the traditionnal lessons have been replaced by (compulsory)projects. For example, instead of having a history lesson about Romans, pupils visit local historic places to learn about roman times in the neighbourhood. This new method induced an attendance improvement and a decrease of exclusions. Others consequences linked to this programme are an improvement of some standard skills and a greater interest from the children.

This method was tackled in order to make the transition from primary to secondary school easier .

opinion :

This text point out the difficulties to provide the best teaching for pupils. The school mentioned in the text chose to use daily-life projects. We can note that this method gives some good results but I wonder if it is possible to find projects for every skills that children have to know. For example how do they do in mathematics ? It is difficult enough to find real projects for this lesson.

Nevertheless we can notice some similitudes with the french method. For example in science, the pupils have a experiment book on which they write their observations about several phenomenoms.

hello you !

Is't great too, you really summaries the text and do just copy it ! The structure is better to my point of vue !

Even if I do not have the same opinion :o You can find plenty of practical things to do in math ;) Hihi!

Try to use less "that" type of sentence... it sound very frenchy !

And thid is mine

summary :

This article is extracted (out sourced) from the Independant of july 2005. It deals with a teaching method used at Etham Green School.

The author explains that the traditionnal lessons have been replaced by (compulsory)projects. For example, instead of having a history lesson about Romans, pupils visit local historic places to learn about roman times in the neighbourhood. This new method induced an attendance improvement and a decrease of exclusions. Others consequences linked to this programme are an improvement of some standard skills and a greater interest from the children.

This method was tackled in order to make the transition from primary to secondary school easier .

opinion :

hello you !

Is't great too, you really summaries the text and not just copy it ! The structure is better to my point of vue !

Even if I do not have the same opinion :o You can find plenty of practical things to do in math ;) Hihi!

Aiie décidemment ce matin je dois aller me recoucher... j'écris comme une pomme !

Attention actually est un faux-ami, il ne veut pas dire actuellement mais effectivement.

Actuellement = nowadays, at the moment, for the present time

And thid is mine

summary :

opinion :

hello you !

Is't great too, you really summaries the text and do just copy it ! The structure is better to my point of vue !

OK thanks Sandy.

Bon j'avoue je suis aller un peu vite sur les maths : Il me semble difficile d'apprendre à poser une addition ou une multiplication sous forme de projet concret, c'est seulement une technique.....pfou et puis c'est quoi ces sujets :( , j'arrive pas à dire des trucs intelligents moi avec des sujets pareils :D <_<

Euh.... c'est pas moi qui fait les sujets!!! C'est vrai qu'ils ne sont pas top!!!

Je mets mon résumé en ligne bientot, et je vous joint le texte 3!

à plus!!

Euh.... c'est pas moi qui fait les sujets!!! C'est vrai qu'ils ne sont pas top!!!

Je mets mon résumé en ligne bientot, et je vous joint le texte 3!

à plus!!

C'est pas pour te vexer nénette, c'est bien de pouvoir travailler. Je pense que ça doit être difficile pour les profs d'anglais de trouver des articles intéressants, il n'y en a pas souvent. Quand je faisais des colles en prépa, c'était pareil. Et puis ça vient aussi que j'ai un peu de mal de dire tout ce que je pense en anglais !

En tout cas continue à nous donner les sujets qu'il soit bon ou pas, à l'oral on n'aura pas le choix :(