Aller au contenu

Des gens pour bosser des sujets d'anglais ensemble???

nenette85

Messages recommandés

Tinquiètes Orion je ne suis pas vexée!!!

So my summary of the second text:

This text is an extract from the newspaper "The Independant" and it's entitled "the comprehensive: where.....". It was written by Richard Garner in 2005.

The document tackles the issue of the first year in the comprehensive school after primary school more precisely that youngs pupils have got some difficults to become integrated at comprehensive school.

At Eltham Green School, the director has decided to remplca traditionnal lessons for the first years pupîls by six compulsory projects. So, the timetable have been abandoned and traditionnal lessons, like history, geography and technology have been remplaced by a serie of projects: for exemple, they remplaced history by a project called "Roman Around". Pupils spend time to visiting local sites of historic, they don't have lesson in a trditional history's book. They're more actives in their apprenticeship. Rtaher than music lesson, pupils have making a band. Sport takes an important place on school. they are going to undergo a lot of checks in differents sports and after they can choose a sport which will be suit for them.

The fisrt objectif is to help pupils in the transition on primary school to secondary school, because percent of them are in difficult in fisrt years of comprehensive school. This project wants to developpe the attendance in oder too decrease the eclusion. It's seems to be a good idea and successful: pupils have been enjoyed and the school has been praised.

To my mind it's a good thing to favour the transition between primary and second school, because in secondary school all is bigger: there are more professor, more students... and the fact to help pupils who have difficult is very important in oder to not excluse of the school and later of the society.

Bon, ça c'est fait!!! Pas facile... et puis pleins d'erreurs surement.... Sandy je compte sur toi!!! Merci!

Pour le 3è texte comme je suis pas chez moi je ne l'ai pas sur ma machine... désolée! Donc je vous le met demain dans la soirée...

Faut savoir se reposer aussi!

;)

• Réponses 225
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Membres les plus actifs

• nenette85

• Sandy27

• BLA

• orion144

Membres les plus actifs

Here's my resume :blush:

This article extract of the newspaper The New York Times and entitled school lunch order : hold the organic tofu is about the nutrition at the school.

In this text, some parents and Board of Education members propose a food healthier and more balanced for the students. If tennagers think that it’s a very good idea, little of them eats this food. They prefer to eat hot dogs, sausages and burgers. This experience realized to the Berkeley high school isn’t a total success. Actually, of the two hundred to three hundred people who eat organic food, fifty or more are staff people. And a young man Peter True, concludes saying that it’s impossible to appreciate cuisine because students don’t have enough time for eating.

This article raises the question of the alimentation for young people. This question affects also children and underlines the necessity to educate children and teenagers to get into good food habits.

Very very difficult :cry:

It's a great summary, your idea are very consie and clear !! Well done !

Thank you, I was afraid that it's too short ;). I've worked with dictionnary and I took my time. For the next one, I try to work without dictionary :o

Bonjour, je suis partante pour le 3 ième texte. Si ça ne vous fait pas trop de people !

This article extract of the newspaper The New York Times is entitled school lunch order : hold the organic tofu is about the nutrition at the school.

In this text, some parents and Board of Education members propose an healthier and more balanced food for students. If tennagers think that it’s a very good idea, little of them eat (je ne mettrai pas d's ici) this food. They prefer to eat hot dogs, sausages and burgers. This experience realized to the Berkeley high school isn’t a total success. Actually, between the two hundred to three hundred people who eat organic food, fifty or more are staff people. And a young man Peter True, concludes by saying that it’s impossible to appreciate cuisine because students don’t have enough time for eating.

This article raises the question of the alimentation for young people. This question affects also children and underlines the necessity to educate children and teenagers to get into good food habits.

Very very difficult :cry:

It's a great summary, your idea are very consie and clear !! Well done !

Thank you, I was afraid that it's too short ;). I've worked with dictionnary and I took my time. For the next one, I try to work without dictionary :o

Je me suis permise de faire quelques modifications.

Tinquiètes Orion je ne suis pas vexée!!!

So my summary of the second text:

This text is an extract from the newspaper "The Independant" and it's entitled "the comprehensive: where.....". It was written by Richard Garner in 2005.

The document tackles the issue of the first year in the comprehensive school after primary school more precisely that youngs pupils have got some difficults to become integrated at comprehensive school.

At Eltham Green School, the director has decided to change the traditionnal lessons for the first years pupîls by six compulsory projects. So, the timetable have been abandoned and traditionnal lessons, like history, geography and technology have been replaced by a serie of projects: for exemple, they remplaced history by a project called "Roman Around". Pupils spend time to visiting local sites of historic, they don't have lesson in a trditional history's book. They're more actives in their apprenticeship. Rtaher than music lesson, pupils have making a band. Sport takes an important place on school. they are going to undergo a lot of checks in differents sports and after they can choose a sport which will be suit for them.

The fisrt objectif is to help pupils in the transition on primary school to secondary school, because percent of them are in difficult in fisrt years of comprehensive school. This project wants to developpe the attendance in oder too decrease the eclusion. It's seems to be a good idea and successful: pupils have been enjoyed and the school has been praised.

To my mind it's a good thing to favour the transition between primary and second school, because in secondary school all is bigger: there are more professor, more students... and the fact to help pupils who have difficult is very important in oder to not excluse of the school and later of the society.

Bon, ça c'est fait!!! Pas facile... et puis pleins d'erreurs surement.... Sandy je compte sur toi!!! Merci!

Pour le 3è texte comme je suis pas chez moi je ne l'ai pas sur ma machine... désolée! Donc je vous le met demain dans la soirée...

Faut savoir se reposer aussi!

;)

Hello,

Quelques faux-amis à connaître :

Adjectifs

actual : vrai, véritable

actually : vraiment, en fait

sensible : raisonnable

Noms

chance : hasard

confidence : confiance

course : cours

deception : tromperie

evicence : preuve

issue : problème, question

journey : voyage

lecture conférence

library : bibliothèque

phrase : expression

prejudice : préjugé

sentence : phrase

surname : nom de famille

verbes

to achieve : réaliser, arriver à faire

to attend : assister à

to bless : bénir

to injure : blesser

to resume : reprendre (une activité)

to support : soutenir, aider

Thanks a lot!

I'll do my best to prepare the text for tomorrow (probably late in the afternoon!!).

See you.

I would like to work with you, if i can.

Text 1:

Text1 :

School lunch order : hold the organic tofu

This text is an excerpt from a newspaper article called “the new york timesâ€, from october. The title is “chool lunch order: hold the organic tofuâ€. It deals with that the students eats in the canteen of berkeley hight school.

After describing that a new meat , the tofu, will now in their plates, the author asserts that the real problem is the time of the lunch.

The main in this text is the food of a school’s canteen, this is a serious subject because is concern the youngs and their parents. Now, this cause concerns the politicians too.

The author lays the emphasis on the quality of feeding, eating the fresh food with vegetables .

According to the nutritionnist , the students must eat the diversity meats and they must try to eat others feedings that at home. This school has tryed introduce organic food , this is in the program who began two years ago, but no function with the youngs .

This text is interesting because it deals with a topical problem , the nutrition. The author’s intention may be to show at the parents that is important to taste the other food that at home.

Perhaps, they will explain to their children that is important to eat healthily.

This is a traditional viewpoint on the school ’s canteen.

Meanwhile, a student asserts that the problem isn’t the quality of food, but the few time for eating, he explains that they are only 40 minutes to eat, they can’t like the food because they are quick!

To conclude, we may say that this article deals with actual subject: the quality of the food, and the few time for eating. The people eats bad, but the life is like this. We must appreciate the meat with the friends, or with the family and trying to eat more long time.

Can I join you for the third text ? I'll try to reflect about it today and I'll give you my summary tomorrow... Working together is a very good idea. I don't know write in english any more, so training is necessary !!!

Good luck !

Well, well, well, you were right. This text wasn't easy.

This is an article from PBS and was published on 22th September 2005. PBS is an American television.

This article is about Hurricane Katrina and how it showed that people were selfish and just care about themselves when they are in danger.

There is a difference of opinion between the former President of United States (Georges W. Bush) and a Chicago Tribune's journalist. For the President, Hurricane Katrina showed the racism: black people were left behind because of that. But Clarence Page says it was the barrier between poor and rich persons which cause people's death. She also explains rich people, no matter what skin color they were, abandonned poorest people to the hurricane.

Moreover, she carries on about the ideal of American society who wishes to be nice and fair with others. Unfortunately, it is not possible and a disaster like Katrine showed that people are selfconcerned.

And this journalist tries to explain people are similar and racism is backing off. But she regrets American persons are fragile and every storm can show the wicknesses.

The journalist's goal is to show us how could people can be cruel and selfish when something bad happens.

To my mind, United States are the country of individualism. From an European point of view, everything is made to make people selfish (health protection- consume more and more- house credits: everybody has to be owner...). And the fact that poor people were left behind is just a proof that Bush's government seemed to have reach its aim: people care just about themselves. The most important is for them is to archieve the "American dream".

But a society who doesn't care about the weakest ones is due to become an unfair society. The differences are growing and so are the discriminations towards minorities.

Anyway, there is a hope: think about all funds people from anywhere around the Earth sent to Asia after the Tsunami.

I have a problem with "people" word, Iused it too much. And I'm no sure about the tenses...