Aller au contenu

discussion en anglais...

floforprof

Messages recommandés

hello everyody !

I'm just waking ( se réveiller?) and I'm surprised because this night, I had dream (??) in english...

Iwant to be at tomorrow night !!!

One question. How to you make your speach today ? (comment dit-on "mon exposé" ?)

* At first you begin like this : "The text is an extract from ... It deals with..."

* Next : "Mains ideas are..."

In my opinion, ....

* Then : "To conclude we can say that the texte raises question of... (dit-on "raise the question of" ou "raises question of"... ?)

It is right ?

Thanks for your help. ;)

Hello Amandine !

Se réveiller : to wake up

I'm not sure you can use a -ing formulation with this verb...

Perhaps I waked up not long ago ?

I dreamt in english

Faire un exposé sur : to give a talk on

Your proposal of plan fits me, it seems OK

When will you go to your english exam ?

• Réponses 202
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Membres les plus actifs

• blabliblo

• sarah leroux

• Leau

• pteninie

Hello Amandine !

Se réveiller : to wake up

I'm not sure you can use a -ing formulation with this verb...

Perhaps I waked up not long ago ?

I dreamt in english

Faire un exposé sur : to give a talk on

Your proposal of plan fits me, it seems OK

When will you go to your english exam ?

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm very bad in english :(

I'll go to my exam on tomorrow morning at 9'45.

I feel it very bad...

Hello everybody !!!

What was the program this day ?

Quite nothing for me as I have some appointements <_<

I'm going to do some grammar's exercices, and perhaps some phonetic ones.

And a little reading on BBC webpage ?

Amandine, good luck for tomorrow, and please tell us your impressions when you'll come back, and your subject.

Today , on morning the postman gave me my convocation , I'll take my english exam on the 5 july ..

My level in english isn't good .

Thanks a lot for the post , it's a good idea!

Good Luck Amandine

Amandine, good luck for tomorrow, and please tell us your impressions when you'll come back, and your subject.

Ok I'll try...if I'm not too disapointed... I didn't slept this night beavuse of that...pfffff... Well...I'm going...

hello,

A few days ago, I took the decision to listen to the BBC to prepare my self to CRPE 2007 session. So, this morning, I begun with BBC Five Live (Breakfast : different information : sport, politic and so on ). OH my God , they speak very, very fast. I was ,only ,able to catch several words and understood the topic. But I had no time to understand sentences. Anyway, I'm going to continue for a while.

Did somebody listen to English radios and and made progress in listening by this way ?

GOOD LUCK

I also try to listen to BBC radio on their webpage :D

Not so easy :cry:

I understand subjects, some words, sometimes some sentences but I switch off easily :(

Yes, I understand that it was about ZIDANE !! :P

here's my subject :

"Schools to ban fizzy drinks and chocolate

By Alexandra Blair and Tony Halpin

SCHOOLS will be banned from selling junk food and told to give pupils seeds and yoghurt drinks in moves to tackle child obesity.

Parents will also be issued with guidelines on food high in fat and sugar which should not be included in their children’s packed lunches.

Nuts, seeds and yoghurt drinks will replace crisps, chocolate and fizzy drinks in tuck shops, after-school clubs and vending machines, say the draft guidelines issued yesterday by the government-appointed School Food Trust (SFT).

The laws to wean children off sweets and chocolate will be among the toughest in the world and will take fizzy sugary drinks off the menu, as well as diet and sport drinks and flavoured waters.They come just days after the Audit Commission attacked the Government for its indecision and lack of leadership over the implementation of measures to curb child obesity.

Children will be allowed to have milk, yoghurt drinks, water and fruit juices as well as tea, coffee and low-calorie hot chocolate. Crisps will be banned at all times, but cakes and biscuits will be allowed at lunch and in after-school clubs.

Dame Suzi Leather, chairman of the SFT, said the rules, to be introduced from September, were necessary because children were eating too much sugar, fat and salt with “little or no nutritional value”.

“They [the new rules] cannot succeed if pupils are surrounded with chocolate, crisps and drinks that fill them up with sugar and fat during the school day,” she said. “Anecdotal evidence suggests that when these products are removed, behaviour improves and this could also have implications for better learning.”

The SFT said that about a quarter of children were obese or overweight and 53 per cent of the 4-18 age group had dental decay.

The food and soft drinks industry is estimated to make £45 million a year from school vending machines. Schools are believed to make £2,500 a year per vending machine.

A spokesman for the Automatic Vending Association, whose machines are only in secondary schools, said: “We think educated choice would have been better than outright prohibition.”

Masterfoods, which supplies Mars and Snickers bars, said it was “disappointed with the SFT’s simplistic approach. Banning certain foodstuffs will not work. Young people need to understand how to enjoy a balanced diet and active lifestyle.”

If you antto read the entire article it's here.

This exam was very bad for me. I'm very disapointed...

wahoooooooo, even if i understand what the text means, it seems to be very difficult to speak about it about 5 minutes, isn't it?

And then, also difficult to answer the questions i suppose...

What kind of questions did you have?

Hope you're better than me! :D

Well, the food subject seems to be an important concern this year as I saw it appear in a lof of different regions !

Even in our subject in Sciences, texts dealt with food and nutrition...

I'm sorry for you Amandine, why are you disappointed ?

Fail in discussing with the jury, or in explaining the text ??

wahoooooooo, even if i understand what the text means, it seems to be very difficult to speak about it about 5 minutes, isn't it?

And then, also difficult to answer the questions i suppose...

What kind of questions did you have?

Hope you're better than me! :D

For the quetsions it was : (I talk in French because it's too difficult...)

* pourquoi les entreprises sont-elles pas d'accord avec ces mesures?

* Quels sont les repas typiques en angleterre ?

* de quoi sont composés les "packaged lunches" ?

* Ou, ailleurs qu'a l'école les angalis peuvent-ils manger de la junk food (tv, street with Mac Donald's)

* Pourquoi le gouvernement veut-il change les distributeurs automatiques (dans mon exposé je me suis plantée j'ai dit qu'il voulait les supprimer en fait ils veulent juste changer ce qu'on y vend)

etc

Planté sur l'exposé (j'ai pas tenu 5 min c'est certain) mais 30min de préparation c'est vraiment tres tres tres court...

hello,

A few days ago, I took the decision to listen to the BBC to prepare my self to CRPE 2007 session. So, this morning, I begun with BBC Five Live (Breakfast : different information : sport, politic and so on ). OH my God , they speak very, very fast. I was ,only ,able to catch several words and understood the topic. But I had no time to understand sentences. Anyway, I'm going to continue for a while.

Did somebody listen to English radios and and made progress in listening by this way ?

GOOD LUCK

since several months, I have listen to Australian and English broadcastings. It's very interesting because we can hear different accents and speech speed. Sometime it is possible to read in the same time that the speaker. So we can notice the pronunciation of words and catch the tone. Moreover, we can read about diiferent type of news topics on Australian, American, Canadian or English newspapers or magazines which are published on line.

So don't hesitate. My convocation for English spoken will be monday afternoon.

see you soon !