Aller au contenu

discussion en anglais...

floforprof

Messages recommandés

I was very interesting to discuss with you about these topics.

I think I will come back tomorrow afternoon after my exam.

See you everybody

euh... another topic : why is it normal to evaluate children ?

• Réponses 202
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Membres les plus actifs

• blabliblo

• sarah leroux

• Leau

• pteninie

I was very interesting to discuss with you about these topics.

I think I will come back tomorrow afternoon after my exam.

See you everybody

I will come back tomorrow morning for these, who want to argue.

perhaps I could try, as I won't be at my exam, it's only thursday ;)

perhaps I could try, as I won't be at my exam, it's only thursday ;)

I'm going to bring my daughter to school and then I would like to have some dicussions. I hope somebody is going to be there in half hour. :huh:

I think there are several reasons to evaluate children :

- first of all, and in particular when you are a "young" teacher (unexperienced one), children's evaluation allows you to identify the level of your class, of your pupils. According to the results, you will be able to adapt your lessons to your pupils, and to help the ones that have difficulties with additional explanations, more time to do the exercice, hours in a group with the same difficulties with a specialized teacher, ... (differenciated teaching skills ???)

- you also need evaluation during a training schedule to inform and help children become aware of their progress in the comprehension of the subject they are studying

And, even if it seems to be an exam, an evaluation at the end of a training schedule allows you to check that all the class is OK with the subject they learned. If not, you will have to introduce new lessons on the subject, and consequently, re-adapt (?) your timetable, programme.

Then, it's also a way to help you to adapt your teaching , sort of gauge of the quality of your teaching.

HELLO Every body, it's my first message there and I really want to speak english with you

my english test is on friday morning, so Ihave time to discuss

Iwould like to answer to the topic about evaluation. As a teacher we have to be aware of our pupils's level. Indeed, it is necessary to prepare the work. All pupils are differents and we must adapt the work for them, so evaluation are quite important. It is the aim of national evaluation in France.

SEE YOU LATER EVERY BODY

HELLO Every body, it's my first message there and I really want to speak english with you

my english test is on friday morning, so Ihave time to discuss

Iwould like to answer to the topic about evaluation. As a teacher we have to be aware of our pupils's level. Indeed, it is necessary to prepare the work. All pupils are differents and we must adapt the work for them, so evaluation are quite important. It is the aim of national evaluation in France.

SEE YOU LATER EVERY BODY

You're right and it seems also to be one of the aims in Education in the UK. The National Curriculum specifies what children must study and what they are expected to know at different ages. This ties in with the national tests that check whether children are meeting these targets.

The "évaluations nationales" are really important in France for teachers to see where are problems by pupils at the beginning of the schoolyear. They can make after with the education team a project for the reussit of kids, who have some problems.

we can't teach in a good way when there is no evaluations. Because each evaluations reaveal the main problems in the classroom, so it helps the teachers and the pupils in the same time

but, i would like to add we must be careful with tests. As a teacher, we shouldn't do a lot of evaluations, we have to teach, and pupils have to learn. Moreover there are some risks about evaluations. Indeed, pupils may compare eachothers and school must not become a place of competition.

Teachers must not forget the main aim of school: to teach and to educate

My mother found and sent me a book I used when I was younger :wub:

"La pratique du vocabulaire anglais". It contains a lot of topics (School, Ecology, House,...) with a page filled with words and expressions, and a page for exercices (I won't do them, not enough time).

There isn't all the sujects I saw, but I think it's a good base. Thanks Mom :wub:

What about discussing on ... cigarets and laws on their use ?

I think there are several reasons to evaluate children :

- first of all, and in particular when you are a "young" teacher (unexperienced one), children's evaluation allows you to identify the level of your class, of your pupils. According to the results, you will be able to adapt your lessons to your pupils, and to help the ones that have difficulties with additional explanations, more time to do the exercice, hours in a group with the same difficulties with a specialized teacher, ... (differenciated teaching skills ???)

- you also need evaluation during a training schedule to inform and help children become aware of their progress in the comprehension of the subject they are studying

And, even if it seems to be an exam, an evaluation at the end of a training schedule allows you to check that all the class is OK with the subject they learned. If not, you will have to introduce new lessons on the subject, and consequently, re-adapt (?) your timetable, programme.

Then, it's also a way to help you to adapt your teaching , sort of gauge of the quality of your teaching.

I add that : these evaluations permit, particularly in nursery school to détect handicap (eyes, ears, motricity...) and slow development (physical or intellectual), the observations are very important too.

first of all, and in particular when you are a "young" teacher (unexperienced one), children's evaluation allows you to identify the level of your class,

I think It is important, same if you have experiences, to make some evaluations to know the level of your class because each year class is different because children are different....

OK !

My english exam is over !

my subject : "attacks by mobile phone".

It was quite interesting and not too difficult to understand. THe examiners were kind and helpful.

Can I have the permission to continue speaking with you ?

Can I have the permission to continue speaking with you ?

You're welcome, even if I'm a little alone this afternoon :)

Mobil phones in which environnement : school, life in general ??

Do you have some examples of the questions they asked you ?