Aller au contenu

time to speak English

guillaume

Messages recommandés

I also wanted to tell you : you should try not to use the present perfect tense to express "le passé composé". This French tense is usually translated by the preterite tense. Don't be afraid to use the preterite (past simple) to tell us about your past (even if the present perfect sounds like the "passé composé"). They are quite different tenses. The present perfect makes a link between the past and the present and contains a concept of length...

A good site to work on it :

http://www.e-anglais.com/

:wub::wub:

• Réponses 100
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Membres les plus actifs

• mimi63

• guillaume

• scarlitoune

• Kiwichick

Membres les plus actifs

Hello everybody and thank you Guillaume for this nice idea !

Please tell me if I write some mistakes... I apologize in advance...

I come from the South of France, but I sit for the exam in Versailles.

We could chose a topic and talk about it? School, childhood...

See you soon :)

good evening everyone.

It's almost 11pm so I should be going to bed soon but I wanted to try and chat with you all a bit before I do so.

It's fun that everyone can "write" and improve their "written" english.

The only problem is that the english part of the "concours" (competition just sounds weird, doesn't it?) is speaking english, not writing english. It is also listening to english, not reading english!!!! so even if it is better than nothing (anything helps really), we should all really try and find at least one english speaking person to talk to (often) before the exam. (I have to admit it's easy for me as my husband is english!!!!)

anyway keep practicing... "it's good to talk" :D

scarlitoune

You're definitely right but as you said, it's better than nothing at all.

Your English is really good Scarlitoune ;)

What a great idea! It's been such a looooong time since I last spoke (and wrote) english so... :D

Does anyone know about websites where you can find nursery rhymes? I mean not just the lyrics or the music separately, but where I could listen to sung songs?

Thanx! Have a nice WE :-)

You're definitely right but as you said, it's better than nothing at all.

Your English is really good Scarlitoune  ;)

Thank you Guillaume :D:D (I did spend quite a while in London a few years ago. That helped + hubby won't speak french to me so.... no choice)

Have a great weekend (anyway what's left of it!)

scarlitoune

Hello everybody! I am very suprised that noone has sent a post here today! Does noone want to speak english anylonger or is everybody in holidays? :huh: :P

Have you had a good sunday?

Right Kiwichick

But actually the reason my husband won't speak french to me is NOT that he's trying to help me with my english, it's just that he's a lazy Brit who won't make the slightest effort :) :P

Anyway, it's easier that way as my english is far better than his french (she says humbly :D )

My weekend was ok. I did lots of walking to try and unstress but I am sill as stressed as ever...

On one hand I can't wait until the results (maths and french) on saturday morning (for Versailles anyway) but on the other hand, I think I am going to have a very bad day (week? month?) if I failed :cry::cry::cry:

But come on, I will succeed... Yes!!! "Don't worry!!! Be happy!!! (you know the song don't you???)

scarlitoune

very looooooong PS: I am trying to keep the girls busy (my daughter (2 1/2) and my niece (2) so I can start studying some "groovy" science!!!!! Today that will be science and a tiny tiny bit of OP... What about you??? what are you planning to study today??? YOu are NOT allowed to say NOTHING :)

Hello everybody! I am very suprised that noone has sent a post here today! Does noone want to speak english anylonger or is everybody in holidays? :huh:  :P

Have you had a good sunday?

Hello, I'm back ;) I have had a good sunday thank you Byza, and what about you ? We were at the "Vaisseau" in Strasbourg, it's quite a "Cité de la science" and it was very nice, I went there with my "husband" (we aren't married but it's quite so ) and our daughter. It is very interresting, and I guess I will soon return there because they will open a garden of sense the 21 of june. So I'm at work now, I'll be back soon, have a nice day. By the way, I listened BBC News this morning at the office ;) but it was a little difficult to understand everything :cry:

Be cool Scarlitoune with your two busy girls ;) . I will study this evening (I work every day...) so the days are too short for me, but I haven't another choice. Then this evening I do history.

hello everybody ! How are you today ? i begin to be nervous and it will grow during tne next two weeks .what did you do this week end . I did a walk in the silver during two hours with my dogs which is difficult because they love water (and dirty water of course) so they come back completely dirty from head to queue .so I had to wash them . fortunately , I had no visit after , the bathroom was in a sad state just before the washing dog .

I won't do it again .

On wenesday , I will be in Orléans for my english lessons (the last before the results ) .I will work on old subjects in english and i will improve my method .

see you soon .

hello everybody !

I come back after a good week end with my husband. Saturday i did some shopping and saturday i ate at the restaurant and i made some "jardinage" :ninja:

every day i work the geo in the day; the history ( i had finish so i read again and again and again to be sure...) and the op in the evening

I wish i will have (it's correct?...) a good week next week and i could work EPS anyway .....

pfffff :cry:

Thanks Guillaume for this post. It's very pleasant for me to be able to write a few words on this forum as I never have the opportunity to talk or write in this language.

I've seen that according to you it's better to avoid saying "gonna", "wanna"... I agree but it's like an habit for me... I say "gonna", "wanna", "kinda", "you know", "I mean", "it was hum... like... you know?... like...Ok??" :huh::D

Ok I admit it: i've lived in USA for a year... ;) Even though I came back like 4 years ago I still have this kind of habits...

Question about your job: I've seen that you teach english in primary school. I guess you've had to take the habilitation but can you tell me exactly what are the different steps to do so? Could I do it (if I'm not PE2 in September) even if I've never studied english at university? Please tell me more! Thanks! :)