Aller au contenu

time to speak English

guillaume

Messages recommandés

Hi Misspeel !!

I also teach English in a primary school, and the necessary steps to undertake are to apply for this job occupation in your city hall. I was called by the city hall in September, and I started in November.

Take care

XXX

• Réponses 100
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Membres les plus actifs

• mimi63

• guillaume

• scarlitoune

• Kiwichick

Membres les plus actifs

Thanks Zorro for your answer :) but where and how did you take your habilitation?

You don't need to have a special authorization (habilitation) as we were contracted by the city hall and in our case, we work as external speaker. You only have to apply in the school department of your city hall (letter and curriculum) mentionning the fact that you spent one year in he Usa. You can also send your application directly to schools... The authorization (habilitation) is asked when you pass the exam (pe2). You need to have 14 out of 20 to obtain it...

Bye bye !!

Well as far as the habilitation is concerned, I guess it depends where you live because for me it was very different (than Zorro :) sorry zorry :) )

For the Yvelines, I HAD TO have the habilitation. It was compulsory even though I spent more than three years in London and have a bachelor's degree in english.

So to have this habilitation, I called the academy. They gave me an appointment for the habilitation. I had two interviews (I just had to learn the program and a few stuff about education...) They asked me lots of questions about me, my motivation...

Then I waited 4 months before I had the Ok. By the time I received my habilitation letter, I'd already found another job... But there you go. That's how it went...

just one thing that might be useful to some people (please feel free to point out MY english mistakes :)) If you lived in london ou in the states 4 years ago and that you spent 1 year there but now you are back (in beautiful France :)you cannot say I've spent one year in "the Us" (london...) 4 years ago because this tense means you are still there. YOu would have to say I spent one year there one year ago ...

bisous to everyone

Hi Misspeel,

well it's exactely as they said, you just have to apply for this job...however i am almost sure that the Licence d'Anglais is requisite...

i also have the same bad habbits of the American English when i speak and i can't really get rid of them, just try no to emphasize them then !!

just one thing that might be useful to some people (please feel free to point out MY english mistakes :) if you lived in london ou in the states 4 years ago and that you spent 1 year there but now you are back (in beautiful France :)you cannot say I've spent one year in "the Us" (london...) 4 years ago because this tense means  you are still there. YOu would have to say I spent one year there one year ago ...

bisous to everyone

that's right

i've been living in the US for 1year= j'habite aux USA depuis 1 an

I've been living in the US since 2004= j'habite aux USA depuis 2004

I lived in the US for 1 year= j'ai habité 1 an aux USA (mais je n'y suis plus)

I lived in the US one year ago= j'habitais aux USA il y a un an

Hi Scarli, do you mean YOU can make some mistakes ? Your English is so good !! anyway, I found ONE mistake :closedeyes: "I guess it depends where you live...", you only forgot the "on" = Depends on where you live...

I have to prepare the dinner :blush: These oral exams... :wacko:

Take care

Bye

just one thing that might be useful to some people (please feel free to point out MY english mistakes :) if you lived in london ou in the states 4 years ago and that you spent 1 year there but now you are back (in beautiful France :)you cannot say I've spent one year in "the Us" (london...) 4 years ago because this tense means  you are still there. YOu would have to say I spent one year there one year ago ...

bisous to everyone

that's right

i've been living in the US for 1year= j'habite aux USA depuis 1 an

I've been living in the US since 2004= j'habite aux USA depuis 2004

I lived in the US for 1 year= j'ai habité 1 an aux USA (mais je n'y suis plus)

I lived in the US one year ago= j'habitais aux USA il y a un an

You can also say "I've lived in The Usa for one year = j'ai vécu un an aux Etats Unis, ==> to emphasize the notion of length, answering the question : "How long have you lived in The Usa ? Or Have you ever lived in The Usa ?

You must use the preterite tense with the expression "ago", or any reference to the past (yesterday, the day before yesterday, Last year...)

:wub::wub:

You can also say "I've lived in The Usa for one year = j'ai vécu un an aux Etats Unis, ==> to emphasize the notion of length, answering the question : "How long have you lived in The Usa ? Or Have you ever lived in The Usa ?

:wub:  :wub:

well....I am not so sure....gonna check tonight in my grammar book

oh la la ZAZA :)

mon mari n'est paaaaaaaaaaaaaas du tout d'accord... oops I forgot to speak (write) english :P

According to him (and me) when you use I've lived (instead of the preterit) it means you are still in the country....

As far as it depends on where you live or it depends where you live.... I'm still searching in my grammar books. According to Mike (hubby) both are correct.

How can I go to sleep without knowing for sure???? please tell me :P

Well it's 9h30pm and I don't want to study anymore so I am going to go and read Harry POtter :) Really relaxing indeed

love (I am getting close to you all in this forum :wub: )

scarlitoune

well....when i say "i am not so sure", it's just a polite way to say "i dont agree"...you cannot use "have" in this situation..you and your husband are right

Hi Guys !!

:blush::blush: Guillaume, you're right to disagree... Shame on me ! I read the post again and I realized my mistake... :blush: In fact, I was certainly dreaming or I was very far from an English planet :huh: . I mis-translated the sentence (my god, these oral exams!!). When you use : "I've lived in The Usa for 1 year"= that means the action is not finished and that you're still in the country and you cannot translate it by "j'ai vécu ....". As I mentionned it above, le passé composé cannot be translated by the present perfect.

Here is one part of an English lesson I gave to my pupils dealing with the present perfect :

"...

2) Actions qui ont commence dans le passe et qui sont encore en progression au moment ou l'on parle.

Pierre has lived in London for 5 years.

Quand l'action a-t-elle commencé? Il y a cinq ans.

Est-elle terminée? Non, Pierre habite toujours à Londres. Cela fait 10 ans qu'il y habite."

Voilà !! :) Guillaume, the next time you disagree with me, just tell it. Don't be afraid and don't be polite please. Maybe you didn't mean to hurt me. But I wouldn't be hurt. We're human beings and we can make a mistake, and I accept it. I'm not perfect and I don't pretend to be perfect. :D

Well, I'm going back to the History part :(

Have a good day !! :wub::wub: